In this course, you will learn the fundamentals of time and money to improve your healthcare finance knowledge. Through seven micro-lessons, Patient Better walks you through the essential concepts, practices, and processes that will help you govern your healthcare finances more efficiently and effectively. With the support of tools and templates, you will learn how to look inside yourself to better understand your financial perspective and communicate your outlook to pertinent health professionals quickly. After completing this course, you will know how healthcare finances work, understand payers and plans more thoroughly, as well as conduct non-standard research properly.
- Have a better understanding of medical costs, payers, practices, and processes.
- How to collect meaningful health information to increase your claim approvals.
- Be able to identify, evaluate, and document pertinent health information more easily.
Lesson Application 3: Healthcare Finances
This course addresses the structure of finances and funding.relationship between the healthcare facility insurance and other third-party payers.
- Lesson 3.1 Healthcare Costs Have Little To Do with Actual Costs
- Quiz: 3.1 Healthcare Costs Have Little To Do with Actual Costs
- Lesson 3.2 Billing, Coding, Healthcare Professionals and Payers
- Quiz: 3.2 Billing, Coding, Healthcare Professionals and Payers
- Lesson 3.3 The Patient’s Guide to Fight an Approved and Then Later Denied Claim
- Quiz: 3.3 How to Reverse an Approved and Then Later Denied Claim
- Lesson 3.4 Commercial Insurance Essentials
- Quiz: 3.4 Commercial Insurance Essentials
- Lesson 3.5 Medicare;; The Federal Insurer Parts A, B, C, & D Essentials
- Quiz: 3.5 Medicare: The Federal Insurer Parts A, B, C, & D Essentials
- Lesson 3.6 Chronic Conditions and the Great American Payout
- Quiz: 3.6 Chronic Conditions and the Great American Payout
- Lesson 3.7 Research Smart
- Quiz: 3.7 Research Smart