This course depicts how people’s relationships with clinicians affect care experiences. In this course, Patient Better details health appointments so that students will have a more sophisticated understanding of what they can do to be a more active member on their healthcare team. Indeed, there are many more complexities to being a patient today than it was ten years ago and providers need you to position yourself as an equally informed participant. After completing this course, you will have learned what you can do to help ease system strains and how your health record can be communicated to various health professionals who use either digital or paper charts.
- Position yourself as an equal partner in health management.
- Enhanced paper and digital record collaboration knowledge.
- Have a more qualified partnership with health professionals from the first moment of interaction.
Lesson Application 4: Relationship Building
This chapter discusses the doctor-patient relationship and what patients can do to help build a healthier form of communication. Position yourself as an equal, informed (and most important) team player on your healthcare team.
- Lesson 4.1 The Medical Record Relationship
- Quiz: 4.1 The Medical Record Relationship
- Lesson 4.2 Recommendations
- Quiz: 4.2 The Importance of Following Your Provider’s Recommendations
- Lesson 4.3 Waiting Room Etiquette
- Quiz: 4.3 Waiting Room Etiquette
- Lesson 4.4 The Secret to Patient Better
- Quiz: 4.4 The Secret to Patient Better