Getting the Patient Better Program™ is the most important step that you will take after you leave the diagnosing physician’s practice. Designed exclusively for the folks that need a tool to significantly improve their experience throughout their health journey and allows them to focus on more important things- like getting back to health!
This extraordinary curriculum is the most indispensable education that one needs to learn about the healthcare industry and how to keep a substantial communication tool with healthcare professionals. This program is designed to help you and your family form an at-home care team, enhance communication about your condition, and organize a the most individualized and effective health story.
Our program teaches everyday people through meaningful learning, which is a concept where previously learned information is applied and connected to new information. Because our students come from such diverse backgrounds, we begin our training at the grassroots of this industry by defining healthcare administration principles.
- Enhance Participation in Treatment – Have fewer complications, lessen emergency room visits, prepare for an information-driven medical appointment, and reduce unforeseen costs.
- Responsible Medical Utilization – Prepare for medical appointments, reduce unnecessary phone calls and office visits, and effectively take advantage of offered services, treatments, and resources.
- Improve Risk Management – Have a realistic calculation of services needed for proper treatment and recovery to make more informed decisions.
- Properly Self-Manage Care Records – Become an efficient liaison in the transfer of information from one doctor’s office to the next.
Three Levels of Education:
Newcomer (Level One): The Patient Better Academy and Textbook is created for those who are new to self-managing. The “Newcomer” level focuses on the essential education to learn the basics and build a solid foundation of healthcare industry knowledge to effectively self-manage care.
Intermediate (Level Two): The Patient Better Workbook that features “hands-on” training for patients and family-member caregivers to form at-home care teams utilized by people with complex condition management demands.
Advanced (Level Three): Focusing on skills that are needed for in-person and virtual medical office visits for complex condition management and at-home team management training for both in-person and virtual medical office visits
Patient “soft spots” addressed:
- Learn essential healthcare finance management
- How to reverse a claim denial previously approved
- Healthcare payer, medical practice, and coding correlation
- Common financial statements
- Read and interpret standard medical notes
- Learn the fundamentals of treatment planning
- Understand the purpose and importance of Healthcare Outcomes
- Conduct health care research and understand how to approach and discuss findings with practitioners
- Create a personal medical record storage system
- Enhance informal caregivers’ capabilities and participation
Patient Education + Self-Management = Quality In-person & Virtual Medical Office Visits