This lesson explains how health communication enhances your quality of care, betters your experience, and influences your ability to make individualized health choices
1.3 Healthcare Communication
Healthcare communication is a lifeline through words to empower patients, to enhance the quality of service, and ensure an above standard experience in care.
Definition of Healthcare Communication:
Is the focus on the dissemination and the transmission of information exchange between the patient and clinician to influence personal health choices and the improvement of health literacy.
Notable Video Slide:
- Interference: Everyday life, technology, and money
- Positive Upgrades: Appointment preparation, utilize Patient Better, contribute your work
Lidia documents her health concerns in the formula.
- Primary Mention – When did the health issue start?
- Location – Where is the health issue located?
- Duration – How long has the health issue been going on?
- Severity – How bothersome or disruptive is the health issue?
- Secondary Mention – Why did the health issue start?